At most rap shows, fans flock to the foot of the stage to get up-close and personal with their favorite artist. When P.SO performs live, they fight for spots in the back—the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s So Enormous‘s that the people up front can only see his kicks. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, we get a taste of just how big the Earth Tone King’s been doing it lately. Beat crew The Other Guys go for a different sound than your typical braggadocio jam, layering swirling strings over heavily syncopated percussion to majestic, driving effect. The headliner comes with rhymes to match the lofty instrumental backdrop, making heavy use of polysyllabic rhymes as he talks himself up and cuts his competitors down to size. DJ Getlive mans the wheels of steel on the record’s outro. The Gateway to Greatness has yet to receive a drop date; keep it locked for the latest. In the meantime, you can still cop his and Fresh Daily‘s Network State of Mind Remixtape for free in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!