At most rap shows, fans flock to the foot of the stage to get up-close and personal with their favorite artist. When P.SO performs live, they fight for spots in the back—the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s So Enormous‘s that the people up front can only see his kicks. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, we get a taste of just how big the Earth Tone King’s been doing it lately. Beat crew The Other Guys go for a different sound than your typical braggadocio jam, layering swirling strings over heavily syncopated percussion to majestic, driving effect. The headliner comes with rhymes to match the lofty instrumental backdrop, making heavy use of polysyllabic rhymes as he talks himself up and cuts his competitors down to size. DJ Getlive mans the wheels of steel on the record’s outro. The Gateway to Greatness has yet to receive a drop date; keep it locked for the latest. In the meantime, you can still cop his and Fresh Daily‘s Network State of Mind Remixtape for free in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.