At most rap shows, fans flock to the foot of the stage to get up-close and personal with their favorite artist. When P.SO performs live, they fight for spots in the back—the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s So Enormous‘s that the people up front can only see his kicks. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, we get a taste of just how big the Earth Tone King’s been doing it lately. Beat crew The Other Guys go for a different sound than your typical braggadocio jam, layering swirling strings over heavily syncopated percussion to majestic, driving effect. The headliner comes with rhymes to match the lofty instrumental backdrop, making heavy use of polysyllabic rhymes as he talks himself up and cuts his competitors down to size. DJ Getlive mans the wheels of steel on the record’s outro. The Gateway to Greatness has yet to receive a drop date; keep it locked for the latest. In the meantime, you can still cop his and Fresh Daily‘s Network State of Mind Remixtape for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.