At most rap shows, fans flock to the foot of the stage to get up-close and personal with their favorite artist. When P.SO performs live, they fight for spots in the back—the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s So Enormous‘s that the people up front can only see his kicks. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, we get a taste of just how big the Earth Tone King’s been doing it lately. Beat crew The Other Guys go for a different sound than your typical braggadocio jam, layering swirling strings over heavily syncopated percussion to majestic, driving effect. The headliner comes with rhymes to match the lofty instrumental backdrop, making heavy use of polysyllabic rhymes as he talks himself up and cuts his competitors down to size. DJ Getlive mans the wheels of steel on the record’s outro. The Gateway to Greatness has yet to receive a drop date; keep it locked for the latest. In the meantime, you can still cop his and Fresh Daily‘s Network State of Mind Remixtape for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.