At most rap shows, fans flock to the foot of the stage to get up-close and personal with their favorite artist. When P.SO performs live, they fight for spots in the back—the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s So Enormous‘s that the people up front can only see his kicks. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, we get a taste of just how big the Earth Tone King’s been doing it lately. Beat crew The Other Guys go for a different sound than your typical braggadocio jam, layering swirling strings over heavily syncopated percussion to majestic, driving effect. The headliner comes with rhymes to match the lofty instrumental backdrop, making heavy use of polysyllabic rhymes as he talks himself up and cuts his competitors down to size. DJ Getlive mans the wheels of steel on the record’s outro. The Gateway to Greatness has yet to receive a drop date; keep it locked for the latest. In the meantime, you can still cop his and Fresh Daily‘s Network State of Mind Remixtape for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/30/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.