Sizing up romantic interests based on their musical taste is superficial, no doubt, but let’s be real: it’s hard to look at a guy or girl the same way after you learn that their iPod’s filled with nothing but Kreayshawn and Nickelback. Brooklyn rhymesayer P.SO knows what I’m talking about, but he’s not about to let a good prospect fall by the wayside due simply to a lackluster MP3 library. On new single She Don’t, the artist addresses a shawty whose collection is lacking in quality contemporary hip-hop, urging her to ignore the self-proclaimed ballers on the radio and delve into the fresh, progressive material he and his underground colleagues are putting out on the daily. Joining the headliner over KO Beatz’ lazy horn samples, 8thW1 shakes his head at at a certain woman’s bougie tendencies on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on P.SO’s debut album, The Gateway to Greatness, available on iTunes as of January 22.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)