The world may be ever-changing, but fashions never truly die out; in the space of a few decades, the threads that everyone was sporting back in the day invariably become cutting-edge once again. Almost makes you afraid to throw anything away, doesn’t it? On new single Vintage Clothes, Mind Over Matter emcee P.SO and partner-in-rhyme 8thWT fill listeners in on just how comforting it can be, in times like these, to slip on one or two little pieces of the past. In addition to rocking the mic, P.SO handles things on the production tip, grabbing a sample from Sir Paul McCartney’s 2007 track of the same name. On the back end, guest rapper Daniel Joseph jumps on board to show off his cash, his female appeal and (of course) his timeless duds. Suicide by Jellyfish has yet to receive a solid release date (it’s scheduled to drop “soon”), but Big Apple residents will be able to catch P.SO, along with Phil Adé, Kooley High, King Mez and more at the latest DJBooth Showcase, going down tomorrow night (July 28) at SoHo venue S.O.B.‘s.
Written by richard on 07/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.