The world may be ever-changing, but fashions never truly die out; in the space of a few decades, the threads that everyone was sporting back in the day invariably become cutting-edge once again. Almost makes you afraid to throw anything away, doesn’t it? On new single Vintage Clothes, Mind Over Matter emcee P.SO and partner-in-rhyme 8thWT fill listeners in on just how comforting it can be, in times like these, to slip on one or two little pieces of the past. In addition to rocking the mic, P.SO handles things on the production tip, grabbing a sample from Sir Paul McCartney’s 2007 track of the same name. On the back end, guest rapper Daniel Joseph jumps on board to show off his cash, his female appeal and (of course) his timeless duds. Suicide by Jellyfish has yet to receive a solid release date (it’s scheduled to drop “soon”), but Big Apple residents will be able to catch P.SO, along with Phil Adé, Kooley High, King Mez and more at the latest DJBooth Showcase, going down tomorrow night (July 28) at SoHo venue S.O.B.‘s.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.