The world may be ever-changing, but fashions never truly die out; in the space of a few decades, the threads that everyone was sporting back in the day invariably become cutting-edge once again. Almost makes you afraid to throw anything away, doesn’t it? On new single Vintage Clothes, Mind Over Matter emcee P.SO and partner-in-rhyme 8thWT fill listeners in on just how comforting it can be, in times like these, to slip on one or two little pieces of the past. In addition to rocking the mic, P.SO handles things on the production tip, grabbing a sample from Sir Paul McCartney’s 2007 track of the same name. On the back end, guest rapper Daniel Joseph jumps on board to show off his cash, his female appeal and (of course) his timeless duds. Suicide by Jellyfish has yet to receive a solid release date (it’s scheduled to drop “soon”), but Big Apple residents will be able to catch P.SO, along with Phil Adé, Kooley High, King Mez and more at the latest DJBooth Showcase, going down tomorrow night (July 28) at SoHo venue S.O.B.‘s.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Over Matter" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.