Pryslezz‘s latest record is likely to come as a surprise to readers who recall his first Booth feature, Sideways—in stark contrast to the liquor-drenched club cut, the newly-released Find A Way sits squarely on the old-school end of the hip-hop spectrum, and sees the Ohio emcee teaming up with two of underground rap’s most venerated vets. A jazzy, sampled instrumental from Ill Poetic (previously seen on Illogic‘s Let’s Go) serves as the backdrop for Pryslezz’ mellow meditations on “life, love, and the pursuit of happiness,” as well as guest verses from Elzhi and T3 of Detroit’s Slum Village, who offer further insight into the everyday struggles and battles with self-doubt that plague anyone working toward a lofty goal. With a laid-back vibe and subject matter just about all of us can relate to, Find A Way should make fans of many in the Booth. Death of a Man, Rebirth of a King is available now from record shops and online retailers.
Written by richard on 02/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sideways ft. Jason DeRulo & N.O.X." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.