Pryslezz‘s latest record is likely to come as a surprise to readers who recall his first Booth feature, Sideways—in stark contrast to the liquor-drenched club cut, the newly-released Find A Way sits squarely on the old-school end of the hip-hop spectrum, and sees the Ohio emcee teaming up with two of underground rap’s most venerated vets. A jazzy, sampled instrumental from Ill Poetic (previously seen on Illogic‘s Let’s Go) serves as the backdrop for Pryslezz’ mellow meditations on “life, love, and the pursuit of happiness,” as well as guest verses from Elzhi and T3 of Detroit’s Slum Village, who offer further insight into the everyday struggles and battles with self-doubt that plague anyone working toward a lofty goal. With a laid-back vibe and subject matter just about all of us can relate to, Find A Way should make fans of many in the Booth. Death of a Man, Rebirth of a King is available now from record shops and online retailers.
Written by richard on 02/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sideways ft. Jason DeRulo & N.O.X." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.