Pryslezz‘s latest record is likely to come as a surprise to readers who recall his first Booth feature, Sideways—in stark contrast to the liquor-drenched club cut, the newly-released Find A Way sits squarely on the old-school end of the hip-hop spectrum, and sees the Ohio emcee teaming up with two of underground rap’s most venerated vets. A jazzy, sampled instrumental from Ill Poetic (previously seen on Illogic‘s Let’s Go) serves as the backdrop for Pryslezz’ mellow meditations on “life, love, and the pursuit of happiness,” as well as guest verses from Elzhi and T3 of Detroit’s Slum Village, who offer further insight into the everyday struggles and battles with self-doubt that plague anyone working toward a lofty goal. With a laid-back vibe and subject matter just about all of us can relate to, Find A Way should make fans of many in the Booth. Death of a Man, Rebirth of a King is available now from record shops and online retailers.
Written by richard on 02/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sideways ft. Jason DeRulo & N.O.X." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)