Rap’s facade of “realness” is, to a large extent, just that: a facade. If you don’t believe, me, just head on down to a certain website whose name rhymes with “The Smoking Nun” and you’ll quickly find out just how many artists are not quite what they claim to be. Or don’t—preserving the illusion is half the fun, right? Prynce Cyhi, for one, doesn’t take fakery lightly. On LP cut I Can’t Tell, making its world premiere here in the Booth, the Georgia rapper takes aim at all those who talk the talk without walking the walk. Crown Kingz Productions’ synth-heavy beat is a far cry from the mellow guitar-strumming that backed the artist’s reader-acclaimed Booth debut, but its Dirty Southern street feel is perfectly matched to the aggressive attitude Cyhi brings to the record, and the rapper’s verses come packed with enough wordplay-driven punchlines (“If I told you to push a ki, you couldn’t play a note) to keep heads coming back for more. Hardway Musical has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans should keep it locked to the Booth in the coming months; Prynce Cyhi will be contributing to our exclusive freestyle series later this summer!
Written by richard on 07/22/09
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.