Since this is the Queens emcee’s first Booth feature, readers may be wondering, “Who the F*ck Is Provoke?” Well, Friends With Benefits provides at least a partial answer: he’s an ambitious up-and-comer with an impressive flow, a sense of humor, and a very quirky taste in beats. Reemabeats’ production, based around a repeated sample of the “Final Jeopardy” theme (which was originally composed by show creator Merv Griffin as a lullaby for his son, if you were wondering) is the type of instrumental that might become annoying in the hands of a lesser rapper, but when paired with Provoke’s mile-a-minute rhymes it sounds just right. Call me crazy, but this emcee’s ability to elevate what could easily be a run-of-the-mill sex rap with unpredictable, hyperkinetic delivery is a little Luda-esque. In addition to appearing on the Tapemasters Inc.-presented Who the F*ck Is Provoke mixtape, Friends With Benefits is slated for inclusion on the rapper’s debut studio album, Critically Acclaimed, which has yet to receive a release date.
Listen to More: Provoke
Written by richard on 02/19/09
Submit your Rating
World Vindicate (Unsigned)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.