Since this is the Queens emcee’s first Booth feature, readers may be wondering, “Who the F*ck Is Provoke?” Well, Friends With Benefits provides at least a partial answer: he’s an ambitious up-and-comer with an impressive flow, a sense of humor, and a very quirky taste in beats. Reemabeats’ production, based around a repeated sample of the “Final Jeopardy” theme (which was originally composed by show creator Merv Griffin as a lullaby for his son, if you were wondering) is the type of instrumental that might become annoying in the hands of a lesser rapper, but when paired with Provoke’s mile-a-minute rhymes it sounds just right. Call me crazy, but this emcee’s ability to elevate what could easily be a run-of-the-mill sex rap with unpredictable, hyperkinetic delivery is a little Luda-esque. In addition to appearing on the Tapemasters Inc.-presented Who the F*ck Is Provoke mixtape, Friends With Benefits is slated for inclusion on the rapper’s debut studio album, Critically Acclaimed, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 02/19/09
Submit your Rating
World Vindicate (Unsigned)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.