Since this is the Queens emcee’s first Booth feature, readers may be wondering, “Who the F*ck Is Provoke?” Well, Friends With Benefits provides at least a partial answer: he’s an ambitious up-and-comer with an impressive flow, a sense of humor, and a very quirky taste in beats. Reemabeats’ production, based around a repeated sample of the “Final Jeopardy” theme (which was originally composed by show creator Merv Griffin as a lullaby for his son, if you were wondering) is the type of instrumental that might become annoying in the hands of a lesser rapper, but when paired with Provoke’s mile-a-minute rhymes it sounds just right. Call me crazy, but this emcee’s ability to elevate what could easily be a run-of-the-mill sex rap with unpredictable, hyperkinetic delivery is a little Luda-esque. In addition to appearing on the Tapemasters Inc.-presented Who the F*ck Is Provoke mixtape, Friends With Benefits is slated for inclusion on the rapper’s debut studio album, Critically Acclaimed, which has yet to receive a release date.
Listen to More: Provoke
Written by richard on 02/19/09
World Vindicate (Unsigned)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.