Since this is the Queens emcee’s first Booth feature, readers may be wondering, “Who the F*ck Is Provoke?” Well, Friends With Benefits provides at least a partial answer: he’s an ambitious up-and-comer with an impressive flow, a sense of humor, and a very quirky taste in beats. Reemabeats’ production, based around a repeated sample of the “Final Jeopardy” theme (which was originally composed by show creator Merv Griffin as a lullaby for his son, if you were wondering) is the type of instrumental that might become annoying in the hands of a lesser rapper, but when paired with Provoke’s mile-a-minute rhymes it sounds just right. Call me crazy, but this emcee’s ability to elevate what could easily be a run-of-the-mill sex rap with unpredictable, hyperkinetic delivery is a little Luda-esque. In addition to appearing on the Tapemasters Inc.-presented Who the F*ck Is Provoke mixtape, Friends With Benefits is slated for inclusion on the rapper’s debut studio album, Critically Acclaimed, which has yet to receive a release date.
Listen to More: Provoke Written by richard
World Vindicate (Unsigned)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.