Since this is the Queens emcee’s first Booth feature, readers may be wondering, “Who the F*ck Is Provoke?” Well, Friends With Benefits provides at least a partial answer: he’s an ambitious up-and-comer with an impressive flow, a sense of humor, and a very quirky taste in beats. Reemabeats’ production, based around a repeated sample of the “Final Jeopardy” theme (which was originally composed by show creator Merv Griffin as a lullaby for his son, if you were wondering) is the type of instrumental that might become annoying in the hands of a lesser rapper, but when paired with Provoke’s mile-a-minute rhymes it sounds just right. Call me crazy, but this emcee’s ability to elevate what could easily be a run-of-the-mill sex rap with unpredictable, hyperkinetic delivery is a little Luda-esque. In addition to appearing on the Tapemasters Inc.-presented Who the F*ck Is Provoke mixtape, Friends With Benefits is slated for inclusion on the rapper’s debut studio album, Critically Acclaimed, which has yet to receive a release date.
Listen to More: Provoke
Written by richard on 02/19/09
World Vindicate (Unsigned)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.