I know what you’re thinking: “Protoman – isn’t that Mega Man’s rival, programmed to exact vengeance by the dastardly Dr, Wily?” Oh, I was the only one thinking that, and I just outed myself as a nerd? Damn. Anyway, it’s somewhat appropriate that the up-and-comer took the name of a fictional villain; as evidenced by Movie Star, the latest off his and producer Sebino‘s forthcoming street album, he takes inspiration from some downright evil sh*t. Here, the Floridian emcee gives a first-person account of a real (as evidenced by the news clips at the track’s beginning and end) date rape, detailing the effects of Rohypnol slipped into the drink of an unsuspecting female clubgoer. The artist’s eye for dark lyrical detail, along with Sebino’s sinister, synth-driven production make this track a very creepy, yet compelling listen. Those who like what they’re hearing can find Movie Star and much more on the emcee-producer duo’s forthcoming 86’ed EP, scheduled to hit the ‘net on April 6.
Written by richard on 03/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.