I know what you’re thinking: “Protoman – isn’t that Mega Man’s rival, programmed to exact vengeance by the dastardly Dr, Wily?” Oh, I was the only one thinking that, and I just outed myself as a nerd? Damn. Anyway, it’s somewhat appropriate that the up-and-comer took the name of a fictional villain; as evidenced by Movie Star, the latest off his and producer Sebino‘s forthcoming street album, he takes inspiration from some downright evil sh*t. Here, the Floridian emcee gives a first-person account of a real (as evidenced by the news clips at the track’s beginning and end) date rape, detailing the effects of Rohypnol slipped into the drink of an unsuspecting female clubgoer. The artist’s eye for dark lyrical detail, along with Sebino’s sinister, synth-driven production make this track a very creepy, yet compelling listen. Those who like what they’re hearing can find Movie Star and much more on the emcee-producer duo’s forthcoming 86’ed EP, scheduled to hit the ‘net on April 6.
Written by richard on 03/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.