Introduced to the Booth with March 2010’s Movie Star, Protoman makes his triumphant return to our pages with a freshly-minted single off his forthcoming full-length. Here, frequent Grieves collaborator Budo handles production duties, blending gritty percussion and organ riffs with (aptly enough) 8-bit synths as the South Floridian emcee promises to stay true to his Roots. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more freshness in store on Protoman’s Beat a Dead Horse Till She Resurrects LP, which will hit fw4s.com for download in October.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Movie Star" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.