Introduced to the Booth with March 2010’s Movie Star, Protoman makes his triumphant return to our pages with a freshly-minted single off his forthcoming full-length. Here, frequent Grieves collaborator Budo handles production duties, blending gritty percussion and organ riffs with (aptly enough) 8-bit synths as the South Floridian emcee promises to stay true to his Roots. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more freshness in store on Protoman’s Beat a Dead Horse Till She Resurrects LP, which will hit fw4s.com for download in October.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Movie Star" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.