Introduced to the Booth with March 2010’s Movie Star, Protoman makes his triumphant return to our pages with a freshly-minted single off his forthcoming full-length. Here, frequent Grieves collaborator Budo handles production duties, blending gritty percussion and organ riffs with (aptly enough) 8-bit synths as the South Floridian emcee promises to stay true to his Roots. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more freshness in store on Protoman’s Beat a Dead Horse Till She Resurrects LP, which will hit fw4s.com for download in October.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Movie Star" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.