Introduced to the Booth with March 2010’s Movie Star, Protoman makes his triumphant return to our pages with a freshly-minted single off his forthcoming full-length. Here, frequent Grieves collaborator Budo handles production duties, blending gritty percussion and organ riffs with (aptly enough) 8-bit synths as the South Floridian emcee promises to stay true to his Roots. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more freshness in store on Protoman’s Beat a Dead Horse Till She Resurrects LP, which will hit fw4s.com for download in October.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Movie Star" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)