I think it’s safe to say that Prote-J‘s been a little stressed lately. Sunday Night, the inaugural release off his forthcoming album, found the emcee busy brooding over financial and professional worries to appreciate the woman by his side. Painfully, if predictably, that neglect now seems to have led to the disintegration of his relationship. On Young Man, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, the Florida representative comes to the realization of what he’s lost. The artist’s own moody production, featuring a pensive piano loop wreathed in subtle, atmospheric vocal samples, sets the stage for bars detailing the artist’s attempts to bury the pain in cheap sex and liquor; after boasting about the myriad other women at his disposal, he admits, ”Tonight I’m overcompensatin’ for my broken heart.” Complete with a haunting chorus by Ashley Dudukovich, as well as soulful backing harmonies and bridge vocals from Demetrius Daniels, this brutally introspective jam is just one of many compelling jams scheduled to appear on Prote’s DJBooth-hosted Me.Verses.Time LP, scheduled to hit our mixtape page June 26, for free streaming and download. Additionally, watch for this cut to arrive on iTunes soon for digital purchase.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.