I think it’s safe to say that Prote-J‘s been a little stressed lately. Sunday Night, the inaugural release off his forthcoming album, found the emcee busy brooding over financial and professional worries to appreciate the woman by his side. Painfully, if predictably, that neglect now seems to have led to the disintegration of his relationship. On Young Man, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, the Florida representative comes to the realization of what he’s lost. The artist’s own moody production, featuring a pensive piano loop wreathed in subtle, atmospheric vocal samples, sets the stage for bars detailing the artist’s attempts to bury the pain in cheap sex and liquor; after boasting about the myriad other women at his disposal, he admits, ”Tonight I’m overcompensatin’ for my broken heart.” Complete with a haunting chorus by Ashley Dudukovich, as well as soulful backing harmonies and bridge vocals from Demetrius Daniels, this brutally introspective jam is just one of many compelling jams scheduled to appear on Prote’s DJBooth-hosted Me.Verses.Time LP, scheduled to hit our mixtape page June 26, for free streaming and download. Additionally, watch for this cut to arrive on iTunes soon for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 06/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.