After Friday and Saturday evenings packed with revelry, Sunday Night is a time to decompress and regain one’s bearings in anticipation of another week on the grind. At least it’s supposed to be—recently, Prote-J‘s been stressing too much over his precarious financial situation to even enjoy the company of the woman by his side. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this fresh single finds the Orlando representative (and freestyle series alumnus) showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a pensive chopped-soul-sample beat to back him as he offers as none-too-positive diagnosis of his current mindstate: “RRight now I’m stressing plenty cuz things are ugly as Betty, if Betty was black and played by Tyler Perry / How scary is that?” Fellow O-Town rhymesayer Truth407 grabs the mic on the back to share a few worries of his own, citing baby-mama drama as the reason for his high blood pressure. Feeling this downbeat, introspective banger? More awaits on Prote’s DJBooth-hosted Me.Verses.Time LP, set to hit our mixtape page June 26, for free streaming and download. In the meantime, his April 2011 mixtape, Dope Raps & Kit Kats, is still available free of charge in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.