When one or both partners in a relationship begins to take the other for granted, a carefully-cultivated love can quickly deteriorate to the point of being irreparable. Floridian emcee/producer Prote-J is well aware that, in his haste to get that paper, he’s been neglecting his girl. On his latest single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, he apologizes for his unappreciative behavior and promises to Stepitup going forward. Prote handles production as well as mic duties, crafting a mid-tempo, violin-laced beat to accompany his earnest bars. Mark Russell‘s tuneful hook vocals round out the package. Stepitup is part of Prote-J’s new V-Day Bundle, released today for steaming and digital download via Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.