When one or both partners in a relationship begins to take the other for granted, a carefully-cultivated love can quickly deteriorate to the point of being irreparable. Floridian emcee/producer Prote-J is well aware that, in his haste to get that paper, he’s been neglecting his girl. On his latest single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, he apologizes for his unappreciative behavior and promises to Stepitup going forward. Prote handles production as well as mic duties, crafting a mid-tempo, violin-laced beat to accompany his earnest bars. Mark Russell‘s tuneful hook vocals round out the package. Stepitup is part of Prote-J’s new V-Day Bundle, released today for steaming and digital download via Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.