When one or both partners in a relationship begins to take the other for granted, a carefully-cultivated love can quickly deteriorate to the point of being irreparable. Floridian emcee/producer Prote-J is well aware that, in his haste to get that paper, he’s been neglecting his girl. On his latest single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, he apologizes for his unappreciative behavior and promises to Stepitup going forward. Prote handles production as well as mic duties, crafting a mid-tempo, violin-laced beat to accompany his earnest bars. Mark Russell‘s tuneful hook vocals round out the package. Stepitup is part of Prote-J’s new V-Day Bundle, released today for steaming and digital download via Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)