When one or both partners in a relationship begins to take the other for granted, a carefully-cultivated love can quickly deteriorate to the point of being irreparable. Floridian emcee/producer Prote-J is well aware that, in his haste to get that paper, he’s been neglecting his girl. On his latest single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, he apologizes for his unappreciative behavior and promises to Stepitup going forward. Prote handles production as well as mic duties, crafting a mid-tempo, violin-laced beat to accompany his earnest bars. Mark Russell‘s tuneful hook vocals round out the package. Stepitup is part of Prote-J’s new V-Day Bundle, released today for steaming and digital download via Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.