On his last feature, released back in November, Milwaukee rhymesayer Proph reflected on the superhuman powers seemingly granted by Air Jordans and other name-brand goods. Powerful as the aura of the designer logo may be, though, the emcee knows that it’s what’s inside that separates the Winners from the losers—and, if you haven’t guessed, he counts himself in the former category. Hart Gunther handles production duties on this whip-ready selection, backing the artist’s braggadocio with icy, delayed synths as well as the requisite booming bass. Winner is just one of many fresh cuts slated to appear on Proph’s Eat Alone LP, scheduled for digital release May 17. In the meantime, of course, fans can watch our pages for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.