Everyone knows that a name-brand logo is just an image on a garment or a bottle, with no magical powers to make you richer, more attractive, or a better baller. But our unconscious minds know with equal certainty that that’s bullsh*t—else why would we keep shelling out for Jordans, Siroc vodka and Versace sheets? Coming on the heels of early November’s Steady Chasin’, Proph‘s latest promo single finds the Milwaukee rhymesayer. tracing his growth from a teenager taking fashion cues from his peers to a grown-up connoisseur of prestige brands. Joining the headliner over Jc4innovative‘s mellow, headphone-ready production, Joe Cool spits about his own lifelong romance with that fly sh*t in a guest verse on the back. Like what you’re hearing? Though this joint isn’t attached to any larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from Proph.
Written by richard on 11/30/12
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.