When most rappers make a song called Higher they’ve got some of that sticky green on their minds (and in their lungs), but Proph’s focused on an even worthier goal; love. Making his DJBooth debut with the world premiere of Higher, the Milwaukee native laces up a smooth, hypnotic and understated beat from Traxx Sanders (for Trak Runnaz) with rhymes that show a young man wise to the often disastrous temptation of the world: “Wool over my eyes, the devil’s foolin me / money, cars, jewelry, it ruined me.” It’s a message that guest artist Gerald Walker echoes in a tightly spun closing verse, resulting in a track that will assuredly have listeners thirsting for some news of a larger project from Proph – keep it locked to The DJBooth for any updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steady Chasin'" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.