When most rappers make a song called Higher they’ve got some of that sticky green on their minds (and in their lungs), but Proph’s focused on an even worthier goal; love. Making his DJBooth debut with the world premiere of Higher, the Milwaukee native laces up a smooth, hypnotic and understated beat from Traxx Sanders (for Trak Runnaz) with rhymes that show a young man wise to the often disastrous temptation of the world: “Wool over my eyes, the devil’s foolin me / money, cars, jewelry, it ruined me.” It’s a message that guest artist Gerald Walker echoes in a tightly spun closing verse, resulting in a track that will assuredly have listeners thirsting for some news of a larger project from Proph – keep it locked to The DJBooth for any updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steady Chasin'" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.