When most rappers make a song called Higher they’ve got some of that sticky green on their minds (and in their lungs), but Proph’s focused on an even worthier goal; love. Making his DJBooth debut with the world premiere of Higher, the Milwaukee native laces up a smooth, hypnotic and understated beat from Traxx Sanders (for Trak Runnaz) with rhymes that show a young man wise to the often disastrous temptation of the world: “Wool over my eyes, the devil’s foolin me / money, cars, jewelry, it ruined me.” It’s a message that guest artist Gerald Walker echoes in a tightly spun closing verse, resulting in a track that will assuredly have listeners thirsting for some news of a larger project from Proph – keep it locked to The DJBooth for any updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steady Chasin'" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.