When most rappers make a song called Higher they’ve got some of that sticky green on their minds (and in their lungs), but Proph’s focused on an even worthier goal; love. Making his DJBooth debut with the world premiere of Higher, the Milwaukee native laces up a smooth, hypnotic and understated beat from Traxx Sanders (for Trak Runnaz) with rhymes that show a young man wise to the often disastrous temptation of the world: “Wool over my eyes, the devil’s foolin me / money, cars, jewelry, it ruined me.” It’s a message that guest artist Gerald Walker echoes in a tightly spun closing verse, resulting in a track that will assuredly have listeners thirsting for some news of a larger project from Proph – keep it locked to The DJBooth for any updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steady Chasin'" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.