This month—on the 19th, to be specific—Nas‘s seminal debut set, Illmatic, will celebrate its 20th birthday. In honor of the occasion, the Queensbridge spitter has released a deluxe, expanded edition featuring a bonus disc chock full of previously-unreleased cuts. Today, Portland beatsmith and recording artist PropaneLV gets in on the celebration with his unofficial remix of Memory Lane, track number six off the classic album. DJ Premier‘s instrumental, a leisurely flip of Reuben Wilson’s We in Love, receives only minor tweaks, but Propane goes above and beyond the call of duty on the vocal tip; not only does he deliver all-original verses detailing his first brush with love, but he also showcases his smooth sung delivery on the chorus. This reverent reimagining isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more from the P-Town representative are encouraged to check out his last Booth feature, October’s Fallen.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cool Again" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.