This month—on the 19th, to be specific—Nas‘s seminal debut set, Illmatic, will celebrate its 20th birthday. In honor of the occasion, the Queensbridge spitter has released a deluxe, expanded edition featuring a bonus disc chock full of previously-unreleased cuts. Today, Portland beatsmith and recording artist PropaneLV gets in on the celebration with his unofficial remix of Memory Lane, track number six off the classic album. DJ Premier‘s instrumental, a leisurely flip of Reuben Wilson’s We in Love, receives only minor tweaks, but Propane goes above and beyond the call of duty on the vocal tip; not only does he deliver all-original verses detailing his first brush with love, but he also showcases his smooth sung delivery on the chorus. This reverent reimagining isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more from the P-Town representative are encouraged to check out his last Booth feature, October’s Fallen.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.