On Portland, Oregon spitter PropaneLv‘s Booth debut, Cool Again, the newcomer told an arduous tale of both love and betrayal. Unfortunately, on his return to our pages, the rhymesayer seems to find himself in a similar boat. On the D.Shuts-produced Hey Girl, PropaneLv touches on the familiar saga of “right one, wrong time” as he spits, “Cause I put music over you and always left you alone/ And now I need someone to talk to but you ain’t at home.” The DJBooth newcomer also briefly taps into his inner crooner on the song’s soulful hook as he echoes the sentiment of Hey Girl‘s bold bars. Unlike PropaneLv’s August debut, Hey Girl can be found on the musician’s forthcoming project, titled Varsity Blues.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cool Again" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.