On Portland, Oregon spitter PropaneLv‘s Booth debut, Cool Again, the newcomer told an arduous tale of both love and betrayal. Unfortunately, on his return to our pages, the rhymesayer seems to find himself in a similar boat. On the D.Shuts-produced Hey Girl, PropaneLv touches on the familiar saga of “right one, wrong time” as he spits, “Cause I put music over you and always left you alone/ And now I need someone to talk to but you ain’t at home.” The DJBooth newcomer also briefly taps into his inner crooner on the song’s soulful hook as he echoes the sentiment of Hey Girl‘s bold bars. Unlike PropaneLv’s August debut, Hey Girl can be found on the musician’s forthcoming project, titled Varsity Blues.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cool Again" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.