When not busy crafting original tunes like October’s Hey Girl, PropaneLv spends his free hours putting his own spin on a wide variety of popular tunes; vistors to the Pacific Northwestern up-and-comer’s YouTube channel can hear his interpretations of Rick Ross’ Diced Pineapples, Justin Bieber‘s Boyfriend and everything in between. For his latest cover, however, he’s set his sights on something a little more venerable than either of the aforementioned: Marvin Gaye’s iconic I Heard It Through the Grapevine. Production partner Chi Duly incorporates samples from both the original and CCR’s hit cover as the singer/emcee turns in a spirited rendition of the Motown classic, incorporating some brand new rapped bars for good measure. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for more new material—both original and covered—from Propane.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.