When not busy crafting original tunes like October’s Hey Girl, PropaneLv spends his free hours putting his own spin on a wide variety of popular tunes; vistors to the Pacific Northwestern up-and-comer’s YouTube channel can hear his interpretations of Rick Ross’ Diced Pineapples, Justin Bieber‘s Boyfriend and everything in between. For his latest cover, however, he’s set his sights on something a little more venerable than either of the aforementioned: Marvin Gaye’s iconic I Heard It Through the Grapevine. Production partner Chi Duly incorporates samples from both the original and CCR’s hit cover as the singer/emcee turns in a spirited rendition of the Motown classic, incorporating some brand new rapped bars for good measure. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for more new material—both original and covered—from Propane.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.