When not busy crafting original tunes like October’s Hey Girl, PropaneLv spends his free hours putting his own spin on a wide variety of popular tunes; vistors to the Pacific Northwestern up-and-comer’s YouTube channel can hear his interpretations of Rick Ross’ Diced Pineapples, Justin Bieber‘s Boyfriend and everything in between. For his latest cover, however, he’s set his sights on something a little more venerable than either of the aforementioned: Marvin Gaye’s iconic I Heard It Through the Grapevine. Production partner Chi Duly incorporates samples from both the original and CCR’s hit cover as the singer/emcee turns in a spirited rendition of the Motown classic, incorporating some brand new rapped bars for good measure. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for more new material—both original and covered—from Propane.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.