When not busy crafting original tunes like October’s Hey Girl, PropaneLv spends his free hours putting his own spin on a wide variety of popular tunes; vistors to the Pacific Northwestern up-and-comer’s YouTube channel can hear his interpretations of Rick Ross’ Diced Pineapples, Justin Bieber‘s Boyfriend and everything in between. For his latest cover, however, he’s set his sights on something a little more venerable than either of the aforementioned: Marvin Gaye’s iconic I Heard It Through the Grapevine. Production partner Chi Duly incorporates samples from both the original and CCR’s hit cover as the singer/emcee turns in a spirited rendition of the Motown classic, incorporating some brand new rapped bars for good measure. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for more new material—both original and covered—from Propane.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cool Again" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.