The press release regarding Project Lionheart‘s The Art of Resistance (Special Edition) describes the Seattle natives’ first Booth feature, Heart of a Lion as “...a mission statement about being badass,” and, to be honest, I could pretty much stop right there. A DJBooth track review tends to run longer than one sentence, though, so I’ll continue. Presented here in remixed form, the track finds frontman Caleb Cunningham and West Coast underground mainstay/Slaughterhouse member Crooked I joining forces to assert their bad-assery and vent their fury at industry shysters. Cunningham handles production duties as well, crafting an ominous, piano/synth-driven instrumental with the help of guitarist TJ Berry and bassist Jerrod Keith. Topped off with a fittingly ferocious, rough-hewn sung hook, this track is sure to win praise from fans of innovative rock-rap concoctions. Featuring remixed and remastered versions of each track off the group’s debut full-length, as well as four brand new tracks, TAoR: SE is set to hit stores next Tuesday, Oct 6.
Written by richard on 09/30/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.