The press release regarding Project Lionheart‘s The Art of Resistance (Special Edition) describes the Seattle natives’ first Booth feature, Heart of a Lion as “...a mission statement about being badass,” and, to be honest, I could pretty much stop right there. A DJBooth track review tends to run longer than one sentence, though, so I’ll continue. Presented here in remixed form, the track finds frontman Caleb Cunningham and West Coast underground mainstay/Slaughterhouse member Crooked I joining forces to assert their bad-assery and vent their fury at industry shysters. Cunningham handles production duties as well, crafting an ominous, piano/synth-driven instrumental with the help of guitarist TJ Berry and bassist Jerrod Keith. Topped off with a fittingly ferocious, rough-hewn sung hook, this track is sure to win praise from fans of innovative rock-rap concoctions. Featuring remixed and remastered versions of each track off the group’s debut full-length, as well as four brand new tracks, TAoR: SE is set to hit stores next Tuesday, Oct 6.
Written by richard on 09/30/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.