When an artist steps into the Booth with a record titled The Reply, the obvious question is, “...the reply to whom?” In the case of PROF‘s new single and first Booth feature, released to coincide with his signing to Rhymesayers, the answer seems to be, “anyone who thinks he’s not the greatest.” Contrary to what his stage name suggests, the Minneapolis repper makes his point (that he is, in fact, the greatest) not via reasoned argumentation, but through wild, often surreal ranting. In a flow reminiscent of Danny Brown as his most turnt-up, PROF rattles off non sequiturs like, “F**k it, there’s a mermaid in my bathtub. The motherf**ker’s only there to give backrubs. / How much an ostrich cost, b*tch?” Curtiss King‘s lumbering piano-loops and staccato synths back his boisterous verses. This promo single is unattached to a larger set, but we’ll keep y’all posted on Prof’s plans as he settles in at his new label home.
Written by richard on 12/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.