On his latest feature, Produktive admits, “When I show up at the spot, nobody ShowMeLove.” But perhaps, to paraphrase country singer Johnny Lee, he’s been lookin’ for love in the wrong places. Now that he’s returned to the Booth (His last feature was 2012’s Channel Surfing), I have a feeling he’ll get the appreciation he deserves. Making its world premiere on our front page, this album standout finds the Seattle rapper/producer showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards. Flowing over his clipped samples and boom-bap percussion, he celebrates his sui generis status in the rap game, and shakes his head at run-of-the-mill rhymesayers. Produktive’s latest street album, White Noise, is scheduled for release this Friday (6/21), but our readers will get the first look at the set on Thursday, when it hits The DJBooth as a free, exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Channel Surfing" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)