On his latest feature, Produktive admits, “When I show up at the spot, nobody ShowMeLove.” But perhaps, to paraphrase country singer Johnny Lee, he’s been lookin’ for love in the wrong places. Now that he’s returned to the Booth (His last feature was 2012’s Channel Surfing), I have a feeling he’ll get the appreciation he deserves. Making its world premiere on our front page, this album standout finds the Seattle rapper/producer showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards. Flowing over his clipped samples and boom-bap percussion, he celebrates his sui generis status in the rap game, and shakes his head at run-of-the-mill rhymesayers. Produktive’s latest street album, White Noise, is scheduled for release this Friday (6/21), but our readers will get the first look at the set on Thursday, when it hits The DJBooth as a free, exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
Seattle buzzmaker Produktive has unleashed his latest independent full-length, White Noise. The project packs 14 original jams from the Emerald City rapper and beatsmith, including "Channel Surfing" and the DJBooth-premiered...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Channel Surfing" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)