On his latest feature, Produktive admits, “When I show up at the spot, nobody ShowMeLove.” But perhaps, to paraphrase country singer Johnny Lee, he’s been lookin’ for love in the wrong places. Now that he’s returned to the Booth (His last feature was 2012’s Channel Surfing), I have a feeling he’ll get the appreciation he deserves. Making its world premiere on our front page, this album standout finds the Seattle rapper/producer showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards. Flowing over his clipped samples and boom-bap percussion, he celebrates his sui generis status in the rap game, and shakes his head at run-of-the-mill rhymesayers. Produktive’s latest street album, White Noise, is scheduled for release this Friday (6/21), but our readers will get the first look at the set on Thursday, when it hits The DJBooth as a free, exclusive stream.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Channel Surfing" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.