On his latest feature, Produktive admits, “When I show up at the spot, nobody ShowMeLove.” But perhaps, to paraphrase country singer Johnny Lee, he’s been lookin’ for love in the wrong places. Now that he’s returned to the Booth (His last feature was 2012’s Channel Surfing), I have a feeling he’ll get the appreciation he deserves. Making its world premiere on our front page, this album standout finds the Seattle rapper/producer showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards. Flowing over his clipped samples and boom-bap percussion, he celebrates his sui generis status in the rap game, and shakes his head at run-of-the-mill rhymesayers. Produktive’s latest street album, White Noise, is scheduled for release this Friday (6/21), but our readers will get the first look at the set on Thursday, when it hits The DJBooth as a free, exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Channel Surfing" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.