Though they work on opposite sides of the boards, Prodigy and Alchemist have both built up a reputation for killin’ it. So when the Mobb Deep rhymesayer and veteran West Coast beatsmith get together, it’s pretty much a given that Murder Goes Down. Listeners with a taste for blood won’t be disappointed in their latest joint feature, a bonus cut off the recent re-release of their Albert Einstein: P=MC2 LP. Alc keeps it low-key, turning in a head-noddable beat peppered with clipped vibra-slap samples and jazz-fusion keyboard flourishes. Prodigy follow his collaborator’s lead on the mic, adopting a calm and collected delivery that belies the aggression in his bars: “My foot on your neck till the end of time / This is music extortion, n**ga give me mine.” The expanded edition of Albert Einstein is available on iTunes, and the original can be streamed for free in the Booth. Prodigy is fresh off the release of indie full-length The Most Infamous, and will be teaming up with Mobb Deep partner-in-rhyme Havoc to drop studio album The Infamous Mobb Deep in April.
Written by richard on 02/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck On You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)