If you’re anything like me, you peeped the title of Prodigy‘s latest feature, Dough Pildin, and thought, “What the f**k is a pildin?” A quick Google search reveals that it’s an obscure Welsh term meaning “a gall by riding,” which is, amazingly, more incomprehensible than the word itself. Having actually listening to the record, the latest single off the Mobb Deep member’s forthcoming LP with The Alchemist, my interpretation is that it’s a combination of “piled” and “pilin”—as in, “Prodigy’s cash is piled high, and it’s still pilin’ up as we speak.” On this characteristically grimy, street-ready cut, Alc’s trippy vocal samples and tension-fraught bell arpeggios back the emcee as he runs down the daily dangers he faces in order to keep his pockets on swole. Albert Einstein is set to hit record stores and online retailers June 11, via Decon Records. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for all the latest song releases.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck On You" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!