If you’re anything like me, you peeped the title of Prodigy‘s latest feature, Dough Pildin, and thought, “What the f**k is a pildin?” A quick Google search reveals that it’s an obscure Welsh term meaning “a gall by riding,” which is, amazingly, more incomprehensible than the word itself. Having actually listening to the record, the latest single off the Mobb Deep member’s forthcoming LP with The Alchemist, my interpretation is that it’s a combination of “piled” and “pilin”—as in, “Prodigy’s cash is piled high, and it’s still pilin’ up as we speak.” On this characteristically grimy, street-ready cut, Alc’s trippy vocal samples and tension-fraught bell arpeggios back the emcee as he runs down the daily dangers he faces in order to keep his pockets on swole. Albert Einstein is set to hit record stores and online retailers June 11, via Decon Records. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck On You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.