If you’re anything like me, you peeped the title of Prodigy‘s latest feature, Dough Pildin, and thought, “What the f**k is a pildin?” A quick Google search reveals that it’s an obscure Welsh term meaning “a gall by riding,” which is, amazingly, more incomprehensible than the word itself. Having actually listening to the record, the latest single off the Mobb Deep member’s forthcoming LP with The Alchemist, my interpretation is that it’s a combination of “piled” and “pilin”—as in, “Prodigy’s cash is piled high, and it’s still pilin’ up as we speak.” On this characteristically grimy, street-ready cut, Alc’s trippy vocal samples and tension-fraught bell arpeggios back the emcee as he runs down the daily dangers he faces in order to keep his pockets on swole. Albert Einstein is set to hit record stores and online retailers June 11, via Decon Records. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck On You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)