If you’re anything like me, you peeped the title of Prodigy‘s latest feature, Dough Pildin, and thought, “What the f**k is a pildin?” A quick Google search reveals that it’s an obscure Welsh term meaning “a gall by riding,” which is, amazingly, more incomprehensible than the word itself. Having actually listening to the record, the latest single off the Mobb Deep member’s forthcoming LP with The Alchemist, my interpretation is that it’s a combination of “piled” and “pilin”—as in, “Prodigy’s cash is piled high, and it’s still pilin’ up as we speak.” On this characteristically grimy, street-ready cut, Alc’s trippy vocal samples and tension-fraught bell arpeggios back the emcee as he runs down the daily dangers he faces in order to keep his pockets on swole. Albert Einstein is set to hit record stores and online retailers June 11, via Decon Records. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck On You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.