With the winter fast approaching, snow and climate changes aren’t the only things that can make life difficult. Prodigy’s uniquely futuristic street banger, Cold World, finds the currently imprisoned rapper waxing poetic about holding it down… for those who are locked down. Off of Product of the 80s, P’s second release since his incarceration this year, the track finds the Mobb Deep member displaying his signature style over Sid Roams’ synthesized production. With Jack Frost on his breath, P’s Dirt Class Records release won’t have anyone screaming “G-Unit!” Rather, the Queensbridge lyricist is as gritty and grimy as ever. Does Nathan, our resident reviewer, agree? Read his commentary and find out.
Listen to More: Prodigy
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck On You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.