With the winter fast approaching, snow and climate changes aren’t the only things that can make life difficult. Prodigy’s uniquely futuristic street banger, Cold World, finds the currently imprisoned rapper waxing poetic about holding it down… for those who are locked down. Off of Product of the 80s, P’s second release since his incarceration this year, the track finds the Mobb Deep member displaying his signature style over Sid Roams’ synthesized production. With Jack Frost on his breath, P’s Dirt Class Records release won’t have anyone screaming “G-Unit!” Rather, the Queensbridge lyricist is as gritty and grimy as ever. Does Nathan, our resident reviewer, agree? Read his commentary and find out.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck On You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)