With the winter fast approaching, snow and climate changes aren’t the only things that can make life difficult. Prodigy’s uniquely futuristic street banger, Cold World, finds the currently imprisoned rapper waxing poetic about holding it down… for those who are locked down. Off of Product of the 80s, P’s second release since his incarceration this year, the track finds the Mobb Deep member displaying his signature style over Sid Roams’ synthesized production. With Jack Frost on his breath, P’s Dirt Class Records release won’t have anyone screaming “G-Unit!” Rather, the Queensbridge lyricist is as gritty and grimy as ever. Does Nathan, our resident reviewer, agree? Read his commentary and find out.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck On You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.