Though Compton-raised rapper/producer/ghostwriter Problem has impressed industry tastemakers (especially the Universal Republic label heads), and superstar MCs (he helped out on Snoop‘s Neva Hafta Worry), he has yet to win over the ever-fastidious Booth audience; I’m Toe Up (Remix) and The Interview both received largely critical reviews. Nonetheless, Problem’s getting plenty of West Coast rotation in the wake of his pre-album Warmup Mixtape‘s release. On his new single, featured on the street album as well as being set to appear on his yet-untitled full-length, Problem invites a special lady to hop on the back of his Motorbike for a relaxing cruise through the SoCal streets. Though the unnamed, Auto-Tuned guest vocalist adds pop appeal, Motorbike‘s West Coast mixshow success doubtless has more to do with 1500 or Nuthin‘s hypnotic beat. So, is the third Booth feature the charm for Problem? As always, the readers have the final say…
Written by Burmy on 07/20/09
Submit your Rating
Diamond Lane Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Toe Up (Remix) ft. DJ Quik, Kurupt, Terrace Martin..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.