Though Compton-raised rapper/producer/ghostwriter Problem has impressed industry tastemakers (especially the Universal Republic label heads), and superstar MCs (he helped out on Snoop‘s Neva Hafta Worry), he has yet to win over the ever-fastidious Booth audience; I’m Toe Up (Remix) and The Interview both received largely critical reviews. Nonetheless, Problem’s getting plenty of West Coast rotation in the wake of his pre-album Warmup Mixtape‘s release. On his new single, featured on the street album as well as being set to appear on his yet-untitled full-length, Problem invites a special lady to hop on the back of his Motorbike for a relaxing cruise through the SoCal streets. Though the unnamed, Auto-Tuned guest vocalist adds pop appeal, Motorbike‘s West Coast mixshow success doubtless has more to do with 1500 or Nuthin‘s hypnotic beat. So, is the third Booth feature the charm for Problem? As always, the readers have the final say…
Written by Burmy on 07/20/09
Submit your Rating
Diamond Lane Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Toe Up (Remix) ft. DJ Quik, Kurupt, Terrace Martin..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.