If you frequent clubs on the West Coast, Problem‘s latest promo single needs no introduction; over the past couple months it’s been blowing up dancefloors in L.A. and beyond. For the rest of y’all, I proudly present Like Whaaat!!. Here, League of Starz’ minimal synth riffs and midtempo percussion set the mood as the Compton representative flaunts his flyness and shows love to his hometown. On the back, the beat morphs into a mesmerizing, string-led groove as fellow Cali native Bad Lucc grabs the mic to deliver a guest 16. Topshelf Junior directs the official video, featuring cameo appearances from Snoop Dogg, Warren G, E-40, DJ Drama and more industry notables. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest on Problem’s plans moving forward.
Written by richard on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
Diamond Lane Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Toe Up (Remix) ft. DJ Quik, Kurupt, Terrace Martin..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.