Though raised in Compton, rapper Problem was born on a army base in Germany. Likewise, before becoming the buzz-worthy rapper he is today, Problem was both a ghostwriter and a producer. After several years of hard work, Problem found himself working with regional hero Snoop Dogg (Neva Hafta Worry), and after the local success of his debut single, I’m Toe Up, he landed a deal with Universal. Now, on a newly remixed version of the song, Problem gets the SoCal party started, complete with two of the city’s biggest DJs (Felli Fel and Quik), Tha Dogg Pound‘s Kurupt, Doggystyle signee Terrace Martin (who also gets production credits), and Uncle Snoop himself. Be on the lookout for the official single from Problem’s forthcoming untitled debut album.
Written by Burmy on 05/4/08
Submit your Rating
Diamond Lane Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Interview ft. Problem & Mykestro" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.