How’s ProbCause been feeling these days? Well, let’s see… remember the climax of Honey, I Blew Up the Kid, when Rick Moranis’ two-year-old son—having ballooned to a terrifying 112 feet tall—grabs the guitar-shaped neon sign off Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Cafe and starts shredding? Yeah, that f*cking good. For those who don’t speak Mediocre Early-‘90s Family Film References, the Midwestern buzzmaker makes it explicit on the inaugural leak off his forthcoming street album: “I’m big, gigantic / Feelin’ Larger Than Life, fantastic!” Making its world premiere on our front page, this freshly-minted banger finds Prob flipping dubstep duo Big Gigantic‘s scorching, sax-laced Step Up into a backdrop for appropriately outsized verses celebrating the Chi-town repper’s ever-growing stature in the music game. No doubt about it; ProbCause is destined to do some downright colossal things in the weeks, months and years ahead. If you’d like to be a part of his rise to prominence, you’ll most definitely want to check out June’s Booth-sponsored Stir Fry tape, as well as copping Stir Fry pt. 2: Leftovers’ when it arrives on the ‘net December 23.
Written by richard on 12/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On My Own" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.