How’s ProbCause been feeling these days? Well, let’s see… remember the climax of Honey, I Blew Up the Kid, when Rick Moranis’ two-year-old son—having ballooned to a terrifying 112 feet tall—grabs the guitar-shaped neon sign off Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Cafe and starts shredding? Yeah, that f*cking good. For those who don’t speak Mediocre Early-‘90s Family Film References, the Midwestern buzzmaker makes it explicit on the inaugural leak off his forthcoming street album: “I’m big, gigantic / Feelin’ Larger Than Life, fantastic!” Making its world premiere on our front page, this freshly-minted banger finds Prob flipping dubstep duo Big Gigantic‘s scorching, sax-laced Step Up into a backdrop for appropriately outsized verses celebrating the Chi-town repper’s ever-growing stature in the music game. No doubt about it; ProbCause is destined to do some downright colossal things in the weeks, months and years ahead. If you’d like to be a part of his rise to prominence, you’ll most definitely want to check out June’s Booth-sponsored Stir Fry tape, as well as copping Stir Fry pt. 2: Leftovers’ when it arrives on the ‘net December 23.
Written by richard on 12/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On My Own" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.