Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Chicago natives have been known to refer to Lake Shore Drive, an expressway running along the edge of Lake Michigan, by the initialism LSD. As that surreal promo pic and the presence of Acid Rap auteur Chance The Rapper might suggest, though, ProbCause‘s latest feature isn’t just a celebration of the street. Over Drew Mantia‘s production, a vivid affair driven by squelching synth-bass and tuneful keyboard riffs, the psychedelically-inclined Chi-Town rhymesayers mix allusions to local geography with trippy imagery inspired by their drug of choice. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find this mind-expanding jam and many more bangers on Prob’s Recipe Vol. 2 tape, dropping digitally next Tuesday, July 16.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view ProbCause’s Elijah Alvarado-directed LSD visual.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On My Own" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.