Introduced to the world via Ishirō Honda’s 1954 film of the same name, Gojira (aka “Godzilla,” in English translation) is a giant, reptilian creature best known for f**king beautiful women, rocking gold fronts and stomping on sucker emcees. Granted, I haven’t seen the flick, so I’m basing that description entirely on Prince SAMO‘s latest single and first Booth feature. On this oversized banger, producer SPVCE flips the movie monster’s iconic scream into the centerpiece of his grimy instrumental as the Queens rhymesayer and World’s Fair member emphasizes his ability to crush the competition and look fly while doing so. Max Mansapit directs the official visuals—which sadly, do not feature a skyscraper-sized version of the rapper. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this where Gojira came from on new mixtape Street Viceroy, available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.