Introduced to the world via Ishirō Honda’s 1954 film of the same name, Gojira (aka “Godzilla,” in English translation) is a giant, reptilian creature best known for f**king beautiful women, rocking gold fronts and stomping on sucker emcees. Granted, I haven’t seen the flick, so I’m basing that description entirely on Prince SAMO‘s latest single and first Booth feature. On this oversized banger, producer SPVCE flips the movie monster’s iconic scream into the centerpiece of his grimy instrumental as the Queens rhymesayer and World’s Fair member emphasizes his ability to crush the competition and look fly while doing so. Max Mansapit directs the official visuals—which sadly, do not feature a skyscraper-sized version of the rapper. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this where Gojira came from on new mixtape Street Viceroy, available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.