Introduced to the world via Ishirō Honda’s 1954 film of the same name, Gojira (aka “Godzilla,” in English translation) is a giant, reptilian creature best known for f**king beautiful women, rocking gold fronts and stomping on sucker emcees. Granted, I haven’t seen the flick, so I’m basing that description entirely on Prince SAMO‘s latest single and first Booth feature. On this oversized banger, producer SPVCE flips the movie monster’s iconic scream into the centerpiece of his grimy instrumental as the Queens rhymesayer and World’s Fair member emphasizes his ability to crush the competition and look fly while doing so. Max Mansapit directs the official visuals—which sadly, do not feature a skyscraper-sized version of the rapper. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this where Gojira came from on new mixtape Street Viceroy, available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.