Introduced to the world via Ishirō Honda’s 1954 film of the same name, Gojira (aka “Godzilla,” in English translation) is a giant, reptilian creature best known for f**king beautiful women, rocking gold fronts and stomping on sucker emcees. Granted, I haven’t seen the flick, so I’m basing that description entirely on Prince SAMO‘s latest single and first Booth feature. On this oversized banger, producer SPVCE flips the movie monster’s iconic scream into the centerpiece of his grimy instrumental as the Queens rhymesayer and World’s Fair member emphasizes his ability to crush the competition and look fly while doing so. Max Mansapit directs the official visuals—which sadly, do not feature a skyscraper-sized version of the rapper. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this where Gojira came from on new mixtape Street Viceroy, available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.