Though Prince‘s religious faith prevents him from getting quite as freaky as he did in his 1980s heyday, he’s still an authority on the art of love. Thus, fellas should pay close attention to the advice he gives on new single Clouds. The Purple One begins this steamy, midtempo cut with a few hot tips from his arsenal: “You should never underestimate the power of a kiss on the neck when she doesn’t expect.” An uncredited producer mans the boards, turning in a lush, shapeshifting beat driven by a funky bassline and bright keyboard riffs. On the back, a currently unidentified female vocalist grabs the mic to duet with the headliner (and deliver a science-fictional spoken-word interlude). Art Official Age is slated to hit record stores and online retailers September 30, in conjunction with the release of PLECTRUMELECTRUM, Prince’s latest LP with 3RDEYEGIRL.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
NPG Records, Inc./Warner Bros.
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.