Though Prince‘s religious faith prevents him from getting quite as freaky as he did in his 1980s heyday, he’s still an authority on the art of love. Thus, fellas should pay close attention to the advice he gives on new single Clouds. The Purple One begins this steamy, midtempo cut with a few hot tips from his arsenal: “You should never underestimate the power of a kiss on the neck when she doesn’t expect.” An uncredited producer mans the boards, turning in a lush, shapeshifting beat driven by a funky bassline and bright keyboard riffs. On the back, a currently unidentified female vocalist grabs the mic to duet with the headliner (and deliver a science-fictional spoken-word interlude). Art Official Age is slated to hit record stores and online retailers September 30, in conjunction with the release of PLECTRUMELECTRUM, Prince’s latest LP with 3RDEYEGIRL.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
NPG Records, Inc./Warner Bros.
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.