Though Prince‘s religious faith prevents him from getting quite as freaky as he did in his 1980s heyday, he’s still an authority on the art of love. Thus, fellas should pay close attention to the advice he gives on new single Clouds. The Purple One begins this steamy, midtempo cut with a few hot tips from his arsenal: “You should never underestimate the power of a kiss on the neck when she doesn’t expect.” An uncredited producer mans the boards, turning in a lush, shapeshifting beat driven by a funky bassline and bright keyboard riffs. On the back, a currently unidentified female vocalist grabs the mic to duet with the headliner (and deliver a science-fictional spoken-word interlude). Art Official Age is slated to hit record stores and online retailers September 30, in conjunction with the release of PLECTRUMELECTRUM, Prince’s latest LP with 3RDEYEGIRL.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
NPG Records, Inc./Warner Bros.
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.