There are few bigger ponds, where hip-hop is concerned, than the Windy City. Thus, when you claim to be one of Chitown’s Finest, you’re obliged to back that assertion up with some hella-fide skills. Making its world premiere in the Booth, the latest single from The Primeridian finds Race and Simeon Viltz doing just that, asserting, and justifying their elite status in the Chi. Booth-approved producer Rashid Hadee‘s contributes an understated, atmospheric synth/bass backdrop that leaves the duo maximum room to shine on the mic – and shine they do, lacing the beat with laid-back yet vivid accounts of the hustle. Joining them on the guest tip are a few Booth-acclaimed neighbors: freestyle series alum Neak and rapper-producer Slot-A rep their city to the fullest, and Hadee steps out from behind the boards to deliver the coup de grace. It’s hard to argue with a cut this packed with high-quality rhymes but, as always, the final say is yours: are Primeridian and their cohorts deserving of the record’s lofty title? Listeners leaning toward the affirmative can hear plenty more where this came form on the crew’s CosmRoks (of The Hip Hop Project)-mixed, Booth-co-sponsored Da Crack a Dawn LP, set to hit our front page soon!
Written by richard on 04/3/11
Submit your Rating
All Natural Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take You There ft. Imani (of Pharcyde), Iomos Marad & Yaw" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.