There are few bigger ponds, where hip-hop is concerned, than the Windy City. Thus, when you claim to be one of Chitown’s Finest, you’re obliged to back that assertion up with some hella-fide skills. Making its world premiere in the Booth, the latest single from The Primeridian finds Race and Simeon Viltz doing just that, asserting, and justifying their elite status in the Chi. Booth-approved producer Rashid Hadee‘s contributes an understated, atmospheric synth/bass backdrop that leaves the duo maximum room to shine on the mic – and shine they do, lacing the beat with laid-back yet vivid accounts of the hustle. Joining them on the guest tip are a few Booth-acclaimed neighbors: freestyle series alum Neak and rapper-producer Slot-A rep their city to the fullest, and Hadee steps out from behind the boards to deliver the coup de grace. It’s hard to argue with a cut this packed with high-quality rhymes but, as always, the final say is yours: are Primeridian and their cohorts deserving of the record’s lofty title? Listeners leaning toward the affirmative can hear plenty more where this came form on the crew’s CosmRoks (of The Hip Hop Project)-mixed, Booth-co-sponsored Da Crack a Dawn LP, set to hit our front page soon!
Written by richard on 04/3/11
All Natural Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take You There ft. Imani (of Pharcyde), Iomos Marad & Yaw" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.