There are few bigger ponds, where hip-hop is concerned, than the Windy City. Thus, when you claim to be one of Chitown’s Finest, you’re obliged to back that assertion up with some hella-fide skills. Making its world premiere in the Booth, the latest single from The Primeridian finds Race and Simeon Viltz doing just that, asserting, and justifying their elite status in the Chi. Booth-approved producer Rashid Hadee‘s contributes an understated, atmospheric synth/bass backdrop that leaves the duo maximum room to shine on the mic – and shine they do, lacing the beat with laid-back yet vivid accounts of the hustle. Joining them on the guest tip are a few Booth-acclaimed neighbors: freestyle series alum Neak and rapper-producer Slot-A rep their city to the fullest, and Hadee steps out from behind the boards to deliver the coup de grace. It’s hard to argue with a cut this packed with high-quality rhymes but, as always, the final say is yours: are Primeridian and their cohorts deserving of the record’s lofty title? Listeners leaning toward the affirmative can hear plenty more where this came form on the crew’s CosmRoks (of The Hip Hop Project)-mixed, Booth-co-sponsored Da Crack a Dawn LP, set to hit our front page soon!
Written by richard on 04/3/11
All Natural Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take You There ft. Imani (of Pharcyde), Iomos Marad & Yaw" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.