With his pathbreaking subject matter, distinctive vocal style and instantly-recognizable sound, Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye is destined to influence recording artists for years to come, whether that debt be explicit or unacknowledged. Booth newcomer Prie, for one, couldn’t be more proud to claim the T-Dot R&B phenom as an inspiration for his latest song release; he’s even gone so far as to title the cut, “The Weeknd.” Here, in-house producers Jim Hurdle and D-kind serve up a moody sampling of Echoes of Silence inclusion Same Old Song as the Hawaiian spitter he trades bold, arrogant bars with guests Jim Hurdle and J. Erickson. For The Weeknd and many more quality cuts, check out 1991: The Life of The Good & Bad when it drops digitally in early 2013.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
Flip The Bird Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Life & A Day Of A Madd N*gga " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.