With his pathbreaking subject matter, distinctive vocal style and instantly-recognizable sound, Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye is destined to influence recording artists for years to come, whether that debt be explicit or unacknowledged. Booth newcomer Prie, for one, couldn’t be more proud to claim the T-Dot R&B phenom as an inspiration for his latest song release; he’s even gone so far as to title the cut, “The Weeknd.” Here, in-house producers Jim Hurdle and D-kind serve up a moody sampling of Echoes of Silence inclusion Same Old Song as the Hawaiian spitter he trades bold, arrogant bars with guests Jim Hurdle and J. Erickson. For The Weeknd and many more quality cuts, check out 1991: The Life of The Good & Bad when it drops digitally in early 2013.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
Flip The Bird Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Life & A Day Of A Madd N*gga " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.