If you’re anything like me, the title “The Life & a Day of a Madd N*gga” likely threw you for a loop. I mean, if we’re talking an entire life, where does the extra day come in—before the title character was born? Is it tacked onto the end? The answer is, if you’re worrying about this kind of sh*t, you probably need to chill, and the lead song release off Prie‘s next mixtape just so happens to be perfect for that purpose. While this joint is one of just a few tracks on the project to feature a contemporary beat—namely the Freddie Joachim production that backed Joey BADA$$’ Waves—the instrumental’s mellow vibes fit right in with the ‘90s hip-hop theme. The Aloha State rhymesayer turns in an equally appealing performance on the lyrical tip, lacing the production with a determined yet casual chronicle of his quotidian hustle. Feeling it? More awaits on 1991, scheduled to drop digitally this coming January in anticipation of currently-unscheduled debut EP 1991: The Life Of The Good & Bad.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
Flip The Bird Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Weeknd" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.