When you’ve got something good going on, what’s the sense in being coy? You should Flash&Flaunt it, so the rest of the world can benefit from your gifts as well. Luckily for listeners in the Booth, Hawaiian emcee Prie isn’t shy about showing off his mic skills on this newly-selected single, his first feature since dropping off The Life & a Day of a Madd N*gga in late 2012. His calm and collected, yet tightly-wound reflections on the grind come backed by the atmospheric keyboard-loop production of Freddie Joachim. Indie-R&B buzzmaker Blackbear enhances the joint’s dreamy vibe with some falsetto hook vocals. This promo cut isn’t part of a larger release, but fans can, of course, keep it locked to The DJBooth for more fresh material from the unsigned Aloha State repper.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
Flip The Bird Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Weeknd" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.