I’d be a lying pr*ck if I said I was prepared for what popped up today in my inbox. That’s right, The Pricks are here with their first Booth feature, and man is it eclectic (what else would you expect from a group that shouts out both the Ramones and N.W.A. as influences?). The Long Beach natives are coming straight out of their signing with Cinematic Music Group in full force to give listeners an earful on the worldwide premiere of Ghetto Blaster. The laid-back, west coast vibe from T-Nut on the boards delivers a perfect balance between the lyrical bombs and otherworldly distortion on the bars. With talented guest features from B-Real and Smoke DZA, The Pricks definitely have major backing (and originality to boot) on their side to keep their momentum going. They certainly have my attention, and I’m sure they’ll grab yours. If you like the notes blasting through your headphones now, be sure to keep an ear out for the Jonny Shipes Presents: GoodTalk Vol.9 “Curve Your Enthusiasm” Edition (dropping Dec. 6), on which the Cali boys will be featured.
Written by Sigurd on 11/30/10
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Nuthouse Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wake Up" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.