Most of the time, public service announcements make me roll my eyes. PrezSport‘s latest DJBooth feature is one of the rare exceptions. While the West Coast duo’s new single finds frontman El Prez rhyming in a didactic style reminiscent of one of those “The more you know,” commercials, his advice is eminently applicable to daily life, as well as being delivered in a very dope package. Over crewmate Jansport J‘s head-noddable beat, built around a classic sample from Biggie‘s Juicy (“IFYA didn’t know, now you know.”), the Inglewood rhymesayer counsels listeners on a variety of subjects, from the importance of excluding fakes from your circle to the intricacies of love and sex. Hasselhoff TV‘s simple, yet effective visuals, edited by The Highly Regarded, round out the package. For more, check out PrezSport’s debut LP, Urban $treet Americana, available for purchase on iTunes as well as being freely streamable in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bright Lights Big City" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.