Most of the time, public service announcements make me roll my eyes. PrezSport‘s latest DJBooth feature is one of the rare exceptions. While the West Coast duo’s new single finds frontman El Prez rhyming in a didactic style reminiscent of one of those “The more you know,” commercials, his advice is eminently applicable to daily life, as well as being delivered in a very dope package. Over crewmate Jansport J‘s head-noddable beat, built around a classic sample from Biggie‘s Juicy (“IFYA didn’t know, now you know.”), the Inglewood rhymesayer counsels listeners on a variety of subjects, from the importance of excluding fakes from your circle to the intricacies of love and sex. Hasselhoff TV‘s simple, yet effective visuals, edited by The Highly Regarded, round out the package. For more, check out PrezSport’s debut LP, Urban $treet Americana, available for purchase on iTunes as well as being freely streamable in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bright Lights Big City" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.