Most of the time, public service announcements make me roll my eyes. PrezSport‘s latest DJBooth feature is one of the rare exceptions. While the West Coast duo’s new single finds frontman El Prez rhyming in a didactic style reminiscent of one of those “The more you know,” commercials, his advice is eminently applicable to daily life, as well as being delivered in a very dope package. Over crewmate Jansport J‘s head-noddable beat, built around a classic sample from Biggie‘s Juicy (“IFYA didn’t know, now you know.”), the Inglewood rhymesayer counsels listeners on a variety of subjects, from the importance of excluding fakes from your circle to the intricacies of love and sex. Hasselhoff TV‘s simple, yet effective visuals, edited by The Highly Regarded, round out the package. For more, check out PrezSport’s debut LP, Urban $treet Americana, available for purchase on iTunes as well as being freely streamable in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bright Lights Big City" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.