Most of the time, public service announcements make me roll my eyes. PrezSport‘s latest DJBooth feature is one of the rare exceptions. While the West Coast duo’s new single finds frontman El Prez rhyming in a didactic style reminiscent of one of those “The more you know,” commercials, his advice is eminently applicable to daily life, as well as being delivered in a very dope package. Over crewmate Jansport J‘s head-noddable beat, built around a classic sample from Biggie‘s Juicy (“IFYA didn’t know, now you know.”), the Inglewood rhymesayer counsels listeners on a variety of subjects, from the importance of excluding fakes from your circle to the intricacies of love and sex. Hasselhoff TV‘s simple, yet effective visuals, edited by The Highly Regarded, round out the package. For more, check out PrezSport’s debut LP, Urban $treet Americana, available for purchase on iTunes as well as being freely streamable in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bright Lights Big City" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)