When Inglewood emcee El Prez and beatsmith Jansport J unleashed their first collaborative project under the PrezSport banner, it was late autumn and much of America was bundling up for the brutal winter ahead. It’s only right, then, that the Golden State twosome waited until warmer months to unveil the official visuals for their latest single, a cut dedicated to DropTops cruising. To accompany the record, which finds Prez flexing his lyrical muscles over his partner’s breezy sampling of Ice Cube‘s It Was a Good Day, director Mike Angelo crafts a clip that incorporates elements of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, as well as 2Pac‘s To Live & Die in L.A. video. Fans can find this summer jam and much more on PrezSport’s Urban $treet Americana LP, available for streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
Submit your Rating
Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bright Lights Big City" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.