For many in the freelance and white collar worlds, work hours are merely a formality; whether it’s Saturday afternoon or late Monday night, an Email or text can send you scurrying to your laptop to deal with an unforeseen piece of business. Prez P‘s hustle is the same way, except that he cuts out the middleman. It’s not a client or boss blowing up his smart phone; it’s cash itself. On new single Money Calling, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the unsigned emcee emphasizes his utter dedication to the paper chase and the overtime hustle that implies. Kenneth Cartel underlines the intimacy of the artist’s relationship with his bankroll by prefacing his hazy synth beat with an extended snippet from Bill Withers’s Ain’t No Sunshine. Ra Image provides some artful visuals to match the record’s ethereal vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More quality bars and atmospheric beats await on Prez’s The Ambiance LP, available online as of last November.
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)