For many in the freelance and white collar worlds, work hours are merely a formality; whether it’s Saturday afternoon or late Monday night, an Email or text can send you scurrying to your laptop to deal with an unforeseen piece of business. Prez P‘s hustle is the same way, except that he cuts out the middleman. It’s not a client or boss blowing up his smart phone; it’s cash itself. On new single Money Calling, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the unsigned emcee emphasizes his utter dedication to the paper chase and the overtime hustle that implies. Kenneth Cartel underlines the intimacy of the artist’s relationship with his bankroll by prefacing his hazy synth beat with an extended snippet from Bill Withers’s Ain’t No Sunshine. Ra Image provides some artful visuals to match the record’s ethereal vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More quality bars and atmospheric beats await on Prez’s The Ambiance LP, available online as of last November.
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.