For many in the freelance and white collar worlds, work hours are merely a formality; whether it’s Saturday afternoon or late Monday night, an Email or text can send you scurrying to your laptop to deal with an unforeseen piece of business. Prez P‘s hustle is the same way, except that he cuts out the middleman. It’s not a client or boss blowing up his smart phone; it’s cash itself. On new single Money Calling, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the unsigned emcee emphasizes his utter dedication to the paper chase and the overtime hustle that implies. Kenneth Cartel underlines the intimacy of the artist’s relationship with his bankroll by prefacing his hazy synth beat with an extended snippet from Bill Withers’s Ain’t No Sunshine. Ra Image provides some artful visuals to match the record’s ethereal vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More quality bars and atmospheric beats await on Prez’s The Ambiance LP, available online as of last November.
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.