For many in the freelance and white collar worlds, work hours are merely a formality; whether it’s Saturday afternoon or late Monday night, an Email or text can send you scurrying to your laptop to deal with an unforeseen piece of business. Prez P‘s hustle is the same way, except that he cuts out the middleman. It’s not a client or boss blowing up his smart phone; it’s cash itself. On new single Money Calling, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the unsigned emcee emphasizes his utter dedication to the paper chase and the overtime hustle that implies. Kenneth Cartel underlines the intimacy of the artist’s relationship with his bankroll by prefacing his hazy synth beat with an extended snippet from Bill Withers’s Ain’t No Sunshine. Ra Image provides some artful visuals to match the record’s ethereal vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More quality bars and atmospheric beats await on Prez’s The Ambiance LP, available online as of last November.
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.