For many in the freelance and white collar worlds, work hours are merely a formality; whether it’s Saturday afternoon or late Monday night, an Email or text can send you scurrying to your laptop to deal with an unforeseen piece of business. Prez P‘s hustle is the same way, except that he cuts out the middleman. It’s not a client or boss blowing up his smart phone; it’s cash itself. On new single Money Calling, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the unsigned emcee emphasizes his utter dedication to the paper chase and the overtime hustle that implies. Kenneth Cartel underlines the intimacy of the artist’s relationship with his bankroll by prefacing his hazy synth beat with an extended snippet from Bill Withers’s Ain’t No Sunshine. Ra Image provides some artful visuals to match the record’s ethereal vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More quality bars and atmospheric beats await on Prez’s The Ambiance LP, available online as of last November.
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.