Back in October, PremRock kicked off promotion for his forthcoming, Tom Waits-inspired street release with Step Right Up, a left-of-center banger satirizing the excesses of consumer culture. On the latest release off the set, the NYC spitter takes a similarly cynical look at the topics of sin and Temptation. Over Zilla Rocca‘s chopped sampling of the original’s wailing brass and barroom piano, Prem trades engagingly seedy verses with Backwoodz general billy woods. Singer Jeanette Barry ties the record together with some smoky hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Temptation and plenty more where it came from on conceptual street release Mark’s Wild Years, available online as of November.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.