Back in October, PremRock kicked off promotion for his forthcoming, Tom Waits-inspired street release with Step Right Up, a left-of-center banger satirizing the excesses of consumer culture. On the latest release off the set, the NYC spitter takes a similarly cynical look at the topics of sin and Temptation. Over Zilla Rocca‘s chopped sampling of the original’s wailing brass and barroom piano, Prem trades engagingly seedy verses with Backwoodz general billy woods. Singer Jeanette Barry ties the record together with some smoky hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Temptation and plenty more where it came from on conceptual street release Mark’s Wild Years, available online as of November.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)