Back in October, PremRock kicked off promotion for his forthcoming, Tom Waits-inspired street release with Step Right Up, a left-of-center banger satirizing the excesses of consumer culture. On the latest release off the set, the NYC spitter takes a similarly cynical look at the topics of sin and Temptation. Over Zilla Rocca‘s chopped sampling of the original’s wailing brass and barroom piano, Prem trades engagingly seedy verses with Backwoodz general billy woods. Singer Jeanette Barry ties the record together with some smoky hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Temptation and plenty more where it came from on conceptual street release Mark’s Wild Years, available online as of November.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.