Back in October, PremRock kicked off promotion for his forthcoming, Tom Waits-inspired street release with Step Right Up, a left-of-center banger satirizing the excesses of consumer culture. On the latest release off the set, the NYC spitter takes a similarly cynical look at the topics of sin and Temptation. Over Zilla Rocca‘s chopped sampling of the original’s wailing brass and barroom piano, Prem trades engagingly seedy verses with Backwoodz general billy woods. Singer Jeanette Barry ties the record together with some smoky hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Temptation and plenty more where it came from on conceptual street release Mark’s Wild Years, available online as of November.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.