If you believe the free-market ideologues, there’s no problem that can’t be solved by cutting more regulations, taking out more mortgages and spending more money on products that will break before the year’s out. Yes, even the problems that are caused by doing those exact things. On his first solo feature (the NYC-based emcee was previously featured alongside producer Willie Green with Had to Be Me and Diary of a Dreamer) and lead mixtape single, PremRock takes a satirical look at the illogic of our economic system, promoting consumerism in the style of an old-fashioned snake oil salesman. Yuri Beats provides a feverish, ramshackle jazz instrumental adapted from singer/songwriter Tom Waits’ classic cut of the same title. Feeling it? More Waits-inspired bangers await on conceptual street release Mark’s Wild Years, which is still awaiting a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.