If you believe the free-market ideologues, there’s no problem that can’t be solved by cutting more regulations, taking out more mortgages and spending more money on products that will break before the year’s out. Yes, even the problems that are caused by doing those exact things. On his first solo feature (the NYC-based emcee was previously featured alongside producer Willie Green with Had to Be Me and Diary of a Dreamer) and lead mixtape single, PremRock takes a satirical look at the illogic of our economic system, promoting consumerism in the style of an old-fashioned snake oil salesman. Yuri Beats provides a feverish, ramshackle jazz instrumental adapted from singer/songwriter Tom Waits’ classic cut of the same title. Feeling it? More Waits-inspired bangers await on conceptual street release Mark’s Wild Years, which is still awaiting a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.