If you believe the free-market ideologues, there’s no problem that can’t be solved by cutting more regulations, taking out more mortgages and spending more money on products that will break before the year’s out. Yes, even the problems that are caused by doing those exact things. On his first solo feature (the NYC-based emcee was previously featured alongside producer Willie Green with Had to Be Me and Diary of a Dreamer) and lead mixtape single, PremRock takes a satirical look at the illogic of our economic system, promoting consumerism in the style of an old-fashioned snake oil salesman. Yuri Beats provides a feverish, ramshackle jazz instrumental adapted from singer/songwriter Tom Waits’ classic cut of the same title. Feeling it? More Waits-inspired bangers await on conceptual street release Mark’s Wild Years, which is still awaiting a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)