Last we featured PremRock as a headliner, it was December 2012 and he was getting ready to release a street album inspired by eccentric singer/songwriter Tom Waits. The NYC mic-murderer’s next project may not be quite so daring in concept, but it’ll still reflect his highly unique perspective on hip-hop. On the freshly-released lead single, he professes to see things through “a different Lens” than his peers, and the bars he spits here certainly back that assertion up. Over the dissonant keys and boom-bap percussion of Long Tokes rapper/beatsmith Quelle Chris, Prem touts his skills and lampoons… well, pretty much everyone else in the game. Not even underground hip-hop fans escape his pen unscathed; on the back, he spits, “I’m not tryin’ to circle-jerk with multi-colored AF1s and Dilla shirts / And cats debatin’ who in ‘93 had had the illest verse.” For Lens and much more, cop A Clean, Well-Lighted Place when it drops independently on Tuesday, April 15.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.