Last we featured PremRock as a headliner, it was December 2012 and he was getting ready to release a street album inspired by eccentric singer/songwriter Tom Waits. The NYC mic-murderer’s next project may not be quite so daring in concept, but it’ll still reflect his highly unique perspective on hip-hop. On the freshly-released lead single, he professes to see things through “a different Lens” than his peers, and the bars he spits here certainly back that assertion up. Over the dissonant keys and boom-bap percussion of Long Tokes rapper/beatsmith Quelle Chris, Prem touts his skills and lampoons… well, pretty much everyone else in the game. Not even underground hip-hop fans escape his pen unscathed; on the back, he spits, “I’m not tryin’ to circle-jerk with multi-colored AF1s and Dilla shirts / And cats debatin’ who in ‘93 had had the illest verse.” For Lens and much more, cop A Clean, Well-Lighted Place when it drops independently on Tuesday, April 15.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.