Last we featured PremRock as a headliner, it was December 2012 and he was getting ready to release a street album inspired by eccentric singer/songwriter Tom Waits. The NYC mic-murderer’s next project may not be quite so daring in concept, but it’ll still reflect his highly unique perspective on hip-hop. On the freshly-released lead single, he professes to see things through “a different Lens” than his peers, and the bars he spits here certainly back that assertion up. Over the dissonant keys and boom-bap percussion of Long Tokes rapper/beatsmith Quelle Chris, Prem touts his skills and lampoons… well, pretty much everyone else in the game. Not even underground hip-hop fans escape his pen unscathed; on the back, he spits, “I’m not tryin’ to circle-jerk with multi-colored AF1s and Dilla shirts / And cats debatin’ who in ‘93 had had the illest verse.” For Lens and much more, cop A Clean, Well-Lighted Place when it drops independently on Tuesday, April 15.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.