Often in hip hop, two is better than one: Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Eric B. & Rakim, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince, J Dilla & Madlib, Danger Mouse & MF Doom, Blu & Exile, Jay-Z & Kanye West...you get the picture. There’s something about the producer/emcee hybrid that just can’t seem to lose when two creative minds link and the time/space/vibration is just right. Chemistry is everything - you need to have the right similarities in tact, while maintaining differences that compliment each other. Emcee PremRock and producer Willie Green seem to have struck that glorious balance and they’re making it work to their advantage. The duo from NYC met at a rap battle in ‘09 and have been working together ever since. Their new single Diary of a Dreamer is a testament to their compatibility and talent, with Green’s lush looped horns layered with dreamy strings over a classic boom bap drum kick to carry Prem’s fluid rhymes. Diary of a Dreamer might be the duo’s feature on DJBooth, but it won’t be their last. Keep an ear out for their upcoming full-length album, set to drop on September 28, featuring guest appearances from C-Rayz Walz, Soul Khan, Has-Lo and more.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 08/16/11
Submit your Rating
Isolated Wax Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Had To Be Me" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.