On December 21, 2012, Precious Paris went through the heart-wrenching experience of losing her mother. Eleven months later, her absence still stings, but enough time has elapsed for the G-Unit signee to share her feelings with the public in the form of new promo single Mommy Dearest. With Kimi Hendrix’ subdued string loop as her backdrop, Paris engages in a lyrical conversation with her biggest fan and the woman who brought her into the world, expressing her fervent wish that her mother were here to share in her recent successes. R&B singer Jade Alston accompanies the headliner’s on the record’s hook. This poignant jam isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.