On December 21, 2012, Precious Paris went through the heart-wrenching experience of losing her mother. Eleven months later, her absence still stings, but enough time has elapsed for the G-Unit signee to share her feelings with the public in the form of new promo single Mommy Dearest. With Kimi Hendrix’ subdued string loop as her backdrop, Paris engages in a lyrical conversation with her biggest fan and the woman who brought her into the world, expressing her fervent wish that her mother were here to share in her recent successes. R&B singer Jade Alston accompanies the headliner’s on the record’s hook. This poignant jam isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.