On December 21, 2012, Precious Paris went through the heart-wrenching experience of losing her mother. Eleven months later, her absence still stings, but enough time has elapsed for the G-Unit signee to share her feelings with the public in the form of new promo single Mommy Dearest. With Kimi Hendrix’ subdued string loop as her backdrop, Paris engages in a lyrical conversation with her biggest fan and the woman who brought her into the world, expressing her fervent wish that her mother were here to share in her recent successes. R&B singer Jade Alston accompanies the headliner’s on the record’s hook. This poignant jam isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.