On December 21, 2012, Precious Paris went through the heart-wrenching experience of losing her mother. Eleven months later, her absence still stings, but enough time has elapsed for the G-Unit signee to share her feelings with the public in the form of new promo single Mommy Dearest. With Kimi Hendrix’ subdued string loop as her backdrop, Paris engages in a lyrical conversation with her biggest fan and the woman who brought her into the world, expressing her fervent wish that her mother were here to share in her recent successes. R&B singer Jade Alston accompanies the headliner’s on the record’s hook. This poignant jam isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.